CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 08, 2012

What was I thinking...

I have overdone it this time for sure. I have learned my lesson and I will NEVER do it again. I don't know what I was thinking when I registered for school full time, 4 months ago. I guess I wasn't. These past 12 weeks have been the hardest weeks of my entire life I believe. I have lost control over everything. My mind is all over the place, I can't remember anything and and I'm behind in everything. I enrolled myself in 4 college classes which is full time. Adding up the hours I put into my education I spend about 40 hours a week doing homework, research assignments, quizzes and tests. On top of my schooling I put in 10-15 hours of work working as a book keeper for 2 different local companies. I am overwhelmed! I'm trying to be a good mom so I attend my kids programs at school. I make the time to help with homework. At the beginning of the school year I wanted to help out in one of my kids classroom's but didn't know how to pick one child when I 've got three attending. So I instead joined the Booster Club, similar to PTA. This too has been demanding on my time. Despite everything I'm doing, I am doing well in school. I've got A's in all my classes. Everything else in my life is a different story!

My house has seriously never been so messy in my entire life! I'm so glad we rarely get company. I cringe when someone knocks on my door. My dishes get done when I know I won't have any clean dishes for the next meal and sometimes it still doesn't matter thanks to my stack of paper goods in the pantry. My floors get vaccummed when it becomes difficult to see what color of carpet we have. My floors get swept when I can't take the "crunch" under my feet anymore. My floors get mopped when I can't take the stickiness anymore which seems to be every 2-3 weeks. My bathrooms get cleaned when my toilet bowl starts to grow. Nasty I know! I just can't keep up.  My kids try to help but lets remember the oldest is only 9. My husband tries to help but he's busy working on the side doing cabinet jobs.

I have lost a bit of myself this semester that I hope to get back. I couldn't tell you the last time I scrap booked or read a book of my choosing. I LOVE Halloween. It is my most favorite holiday. We have an annual halloween party, I fix fun, silly, disgusting looking meals the week of halloween, I do the girls hair in halloween style, my house is decked out from top to bottom, we listen to halloween music, the kids that are at home with me all day do halloween related projects almost every day. Yeah.... Not this year! We've got 3 big tubs full of halloween fun. I let the kids decorate the house using one bin, no halloween party, no fun hair styles, the kids didn't even wear their halloween themed clothes and nor did I. As for our fun halloweeny meals I did make bread sticks that looked like bones but that about sums it up for us. I was not able enjoy my favorite holiday this year. Even Kory mentioned my "ba hum bug" attitude I had this year. I just couldn't do it.  I'm down to 4 more weeks and school will be over. I can hardly wait.

3 comments:

Every Star Is Different said...

It is so nice to read a new post and to know that there are other people out there who's criteria for mopping,vacuuming and sweeping are the same at times due to an overwhelming schedule.

I hope to some day read a post about all of your Halloween fun. Perhaps I'll get some ideas. :)

katielyn said...

Sorry things are crazy right now. I can totally relate. Just remind yourself of what's really important and you'll stop worrying about the mess in your house. (That's what I do!)

The Gubler Family said...

Wow! I feel that overwhelmed everyday and I didn't sign up for school yet. I have really been wanting to go back to school next year after Katie starts school full time but I don't know if I am up for it.