CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 14, 2018

Kylie turns 6

My baby turned 6. 
How did this happen?
This sweet girl is the perfect "caboose" to our family. 

This year she was so excited to learn she got to have a "friends" birthday party. We invited all of the girls in her kindergarten class and her primary class. We had 17 of the 18 girls invited come. It was a bit overwhelming at times but I survived. Kylie loves art. She loves to draw and paint and create with play doh. So that was the theme for her party. 


The first thing we did while waiting for everyone to arrive was decorating a white lunch bag to put all their fun stuff in to take home with. They had markers and stickers to decorate with. 
When all the girls had arrived we put an apron on everyone and let them paint their very own canvas. In the middle of that canvas was a sticker of a unicorn. 

The girls spent almost 20 minutes just painting their canvas. They loved it.  While I quickly cleaned up the paint, the girls moved to our next station. Maddie gave everyone some playdoh to create their own sculptures. Everyone had their very own rolling pin. We had buttons in all shapes and sizes along with some googly eyes. When they were done the girls put their playdoh, rolling pin and little baggie of buttons and eyes in their white bag they had decorated. 

After playdoh we played "pin the paint brush onto Kylies hand". I think this was my favorite game. I loved how Kylie's picture turned out. I took her picture and then in photo shop turned it into a coloring page and had in printed out. Then I put paint all over her hair and blew it around using a straw. I love the way it looked, very artsy! 

Next we got to shoot at a sheet for Kylies bed with paint filled water guns. I already had them filled and sitting on a cookie sheet. Last year I bought 3 packages of water guns for $1 each on clearance from WalMart. I had 36 water guns. I was going to use them for a valentines gift to classmates but then thought twice about sending my daughter to school with guns. Its pretty obvious they are water guns and seriously what 5 year old would think a water gun is wrong but you never know about some parents so I played it safe and kept them. 


The end result was awesome! I loved it. 

After our water gun fun the girls were given their own cupcake on a painters pallete. I was so busy that taking pictures was almost impossible to do! The pallete held their cupcake along with 4 different kinds of sprinkles they could decorate their cupcakes with. Because there were so many girls I frosted the cupcakes first so all they had to do was decorate them. The girls got to take their paint pallete home too. 


While the girls ate their cupcakes Miss Kylie opened her presents. 
 I had one more activity planned but the girls had spent so much time painting their canvas that we ran out of time. Parents started arriving when Kylie was opening her gifts. 
I had so much fun planning this party for my baby girl. Kylie thought it was the "bestest" party ever. 


When the girls parent came to pick them up I quickly pulled the unicorn sticker off their canvas so they went home with a finished project. Most of the canvas's were dry thanks to our 100+ temperatures. I think they turned out so good! 

Before going to bed I remembered to snap a quick picture of Kylie and her loot. 
She was so happy to be given all her "artsy" stuff. I know it will keep this little girl happy for hours. 
Happy Birthday sweet pea!
I love you!

0 comments: