CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Oh, Christmas Tree...

Last Christmas was probably the worst Christmas our little family has had. The ENTIRE family was sick about 2 weeks before Christmas with a real nasty stomach bug. Kory actually stayed home from work one day in bed, something he has never done in our entire marriage. I got sick 2 days before Christmas. It was so bad I was the first to bed on Christmas Eve. Very few pictures were taken. We were working on the house, I always felt it was a mess (Ha ha ha ha if only I knew what was coming!) Christmas Morning the boys discovered their RC cars. Hunter hooked his battery up wrong, it sparked, smoked and blew a part. All before he was even able to give it a run. Brayden and Kory took Brayden's outside. It hit the curb and broke the axel! It was a rough few weeks to say the least. 

The day after Christmas as I was packing and putting away all the Christmas decorations Kory was helping the kiddo's pack up their bedrooms. We moved everyones bed's and dressers into the family room that night. For the next several months the family room was all 5 kids big bedroom. 

As Christmas has been fastly approaching I told Kory I really "need" my family room back. Ummm where would be put up a tree? Every nook and crany in our house is stuffed with boxes, dressers, and totes. We have no room. We haven't decorated for a single holiday this year which has really put a damper on our holiday spirits. We all needed a good Christmas! And so when we got the kiddo's back into a real bedroom and our family room was sheet rocked we set up our Christmas Tree on Saturday Dec 1st! Bring on the joyful holiday!

Kory and Hunter went out riding 4 wheelers with some friends so the rest of the family set up the Christmas Tree!  

What the heck? Maddie can almost touch the top of the tree!


I love how this cute girl sticks out her tongue when she is concentrating.


Emily and Brayden making sure there are no holes in the tree. 


Oh how I love this site! 
You can hardly tell the walls aren't textured or painted. 


When the tree was set up we pulled in the other totes of decorations. 
My parents gave Hunter and Maddie these rocking reindeer when they were about 3 and 4. 
My younger two are still enjoying them. 


Brayden found the Santa train and used it for transporting his army men to their new base. Oh how I love watching this little man of mine use his imagination. 


My favorite toddler toys of all time were The Little People play sets. I loved they were all plastic and could be thrown in the dishwasher to be sanitized. As the kiddo's have grown I have slowly had to pass our little playsets along. But I kept the Nativity. I know one day it will to be passed along although I have thought about keeping it for my grandkids! I love that this is her favorite toy of the season.  

This December is going to be great! 

0 comments: