CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 05, 2019

Warm Springs

This is my Grandma and Grandpa Christensen. This picture brings a smile to my face. 
I miss them. I miss the stories, Grandpa's "Damn it" hat and Grandma's homemade twisties or cookies baking. Grandpa always had a movie playing in the back ground. If it wasn't the Jungle Book it was a musical like the Carousel or Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. If Grandma wasn't baking she was sewing. It was always fun to go to Grandma's house. 


For a few years Grandma and Grandpa lived in what they called, The Garden of Eden. Everyone else called in Warm Springs in Moapa Nevada.  

They were the caretakers for this amazing church run site. 
I have many fond memories of being here. After my grandparents were released from their mission here this was a fire. And it burned down the "old house".  Kory and I  were able to have our wedding luncheon here, after the temple sealing but before our reception. And then there was another fire. And then this place sat vacant for many, many years. We've heard rumors and have driven by a handful times over the past 19 years but it's always been locked shut. And then we heard that it was officially opening again. 

When the Christensen family heard about it re-opening it was quickly decided that we needed to have a Christensen Family Reunion in memory of Grandma and Grandpa. 

It was so fun seeing my kids make their own memories at a place I loved. 
Brayden loved the warm water and the slippery walk. 


Hunter and Kylie

Emily


 Although Jonathan was still recovering from back surgery he came to visit for a few hours.
Jonathan and Grandma Christensen holding Abigial (Sheri's little girl).

Grandma and Maddie

Grandpa Christensen got in too. 

Hunter being silly

Carlaya and Maddie

Emily and Kylie 

Brayden taking a turn at being the life guard.  

Cousin Noah and Hunter playing in the newer man made pool. Using pool noodles they spent most of their day swatting at wasps landing on the water.  

Emily liked the newer pool to.  

Aunt Hanna and Brayden

Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Joe. 

All of my aunts and uncles were there. I wish I had a picture of all of them together. It was only one day but what a marvelous day it was. I saw cousins, aunts and uncles I haven't seen in years. It was so fun to catch up and remanence. 

0 comments: