CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Town Halloween Party

Last year I really really wanted to host our annual Halloween Party. However having a new baby taking too many classes online, being involved with the kids school and working as a Book Keeper for 2 companies my plate was filled to the max. The kids and I were disappointed but I knew I couldn't do it. I promised them "next year". When my sister-in-law heard of this, she being on the town board, asked if I'd be interested in doing a town Halloween party (something never been done before). The kids jumped for joy before I could even respond. 
Fast forward to this year. Here's are invitation to all!


The town gave me $200 to work with. Knowing I'd need help I asked my sister-in-law that got me roped into this. She took charge of the food and I did decoration's and games. That night the board members were suppose to be there to help me run the games. Fortunately or Unfortunately our High School Girls Volleyball team was at region's that night. This left me with no board members to run games and many many parent's away. We had kids trying to come in 2 hours before the party was suppose to start! We finally started to let kids in about 5:45. The 1st hour was CRAZY. My sister-in-law, my mother-in-law and myself were the only adults with 40+ kids. I wanted to grab my camera out of the van and take pictures but my hands were FULL! The last 45 minutes I finally had parents show up and some help. By then though the kids were done with the 17 games/activities I had stationed all around. I had games like pumpkin bowling, witch's toss, skeleton relay, zombie tag, sensor boxes (witch's tongue, etc.), bobbing for apples, sucker ghost treat making and many many more! We ended the night with a pinata full to the brim with candy! Overall it was a success. The kids had fun and I have received many compliments from parents about how much fun their kids had. My sister-in-law doesn't know if she wants to do it again next year due to the lack of parents. When I'm asked I politely let them know that I won't be here next year!

At the party we were having a treat contest. Madelyn wanted to participate but knowing how busy I was it needed to be something simple. She searched online and saw chocolate chip cookies that looked like they had spider's all over them. She's great at baking chocolate chip cookies and can make them by herself. When she had a few dozen baked I showed her how to pipe the legs and she finished her treat's! Madelyn was the only one that submitted a Halloween treat. She should have won the gift bag but there was a little misunderstanding with our judges and it went to my sister-in -law for her monster eyes (meat balls). Our judges didn't realize that she had done ALL the food and it was suppose to go for the treat. 
Oh well! She still had fun.

In between decorating for our party and waiting for the kids to get home from school Kylie and I spent some time outdoor's enjoying the warmer than usual weather.  I needed a break from my disaster of a house and so grabbed my new camera to take with us. I don't have a costume that baby girl will leave on so she was ready to go to the party dressed like this. 


Playing with our home grown pumpkins.


I'm getting "cheezy" smiles a lot lately!
I love em'.


There's a real smile.


Playing peek-a-boo on the porch. 


I sure love this little pumpkin of mine!

0 comments: