Sunday, February 04, 2007

Locked Out!

Thursday I went to a sister in another wards house to pick up several baby items for different sisters in our ward. It was a very cold and windy day. I was a wimp and decided instead of delivering these items that I would do it first thing Friday morning. After delivering the baby items I wanted to drive by our house to see if it had been set so Kory could start building the wall Sarurday morning.

Friday morning Mandy P. called and asked if I could watch her kids at 3:30. I had a list of stuff that I wanted to get done before I had extra children so at 9:45 am I threw the kids in the car and drove to April's to drop off the baby gear. While unloading my van keys kept getting in the way so I threw them in the baby's car seat and continued to unload. Before completely unloading Emily became quite fussy. I knew that she was hungry so we all went inside so I could feed Emily. When Emily was full and happy again I went outside to load everyone up to discover the van was locked. I called Kory to come to my rescue but he was working out in Chino Valley and didn't have a car at the moment to come help. I borrowed a truck (that wasn't being used becuase it over heats when it is started) and drove to our duplex to find that every door and window was locked. There was no way to get inside. I drove back to April's and called the police dept. they no longer unlock locked vehicles due to liability issues. I called several locksmiths but the entire town must have locked themselves out of something because they were all going to be at least 4-5 hours which would be about 3:30 when I was suppose to be home to babysit. So I ended up hanging our between April's and Melissa's until a little after 3 when Mandy's husband came and picked us up to took us to his house. They left on their errand returning at 6. Kory was installing a job and things just weren't going smoothly so he didn't pick us up until 8:45pm. I have never been so glad to be home. Not that it was bad hanging out with friends all day. It's the little things we missed like diapers in Emily's size, Emily's bottle with her special juice, the comfort of being home.

Since I didn't get the chance to drive by our house Friday we packed the kids up and headed to the new house Saturday morning. Wouldn't ya know we got their to discover the house was locked up. For almost an entire year now we could get in through the back door but someone locked it up good. So now we get to wait until a key is mailed to us which will hopefully be this coming week. So all of you who are waiting to see pictures your going to have to wait another week ( I hope thats all it will be).