Friday, January 10, 2014


I think I am being tested with patience. I am a planner. I have a calendar that keeps me on track. My life, our life is on that calendar. It has everything from dr. appt's, kids basketball games,homework assignments and when tests are due on that calendar. I have a separate calendar for work. I have dates circled when W-2's need to go out, sales tax form's are due, when pay roll needs to be handed out.  I like to know what my immediate future entails. When I loose my calendar I panic.  I don't do well when the future is unknown.

I'm trying my hardest not to panic right now! Kory's out of school. He's studying to take the state board and he doesn't have a job. In June of last year, almost 8 months ago, Kory contacted Jared Gough, the therapist we hope to work for. Jared is very good at what he does. He's never had to advertise. His clients come by word of mouth. Jared is usually 6-7 weeks booked out. Some people are in so much pain that they can't wait that long and so try to see someone else. Jared, trying to keep all his clients in house is looking to hire a few therapists to do that.  Jared told Kory he needed to complete the schooling and then could start working in January. During the 8 months Kory has remained in contact with Jared through text. Kory and I were able to visit with Jared at his office over the Thanksgiving holiday. We only had about 45 minutes to visit before Jared's next client arrived. Some of our questions were answered. For instance Kory can work under Jared's license until Kory get's his own. Kory can start anytime after his school has ended. Kory mentioned that he'd  like to start in January being he quit his job to attend school full time and our finances are getting low. I had been looking on Craigslist and other sites for housing. It's been hard for Kory to travel 2 hours a day for school. I don't want him to travel 4 hours a day for work. We can't afford the gas. I was hoping we could move during Christmas break but Jared doesn't know how busy he can keep Kory. Jared's only planning on Kory to work 1-2 days a week until the clientele builds up. Some of our question's we didn't get answer's too. For instance, How much is Kory going to be making? Is he being paid per hour or per client. How much is that? Jared want us to move closer to help with the emergencies. We want to move closer too. If Kory's only working 1-2 days a week we probably can't afford to move right now. It would be nice to know how much we're going to make too! Who starts working without knowing what they are being paid? We can't live on Kory just working 1-2 days a week and so until he becomes full time he needs to accept cabinet jobs on the side to support his family. I really hope that we can move when school get's out. I want my kids to make friends with the neighbor's before school starts so that they have a friendly face at a new school with new teacher's and new faces. I don't want my kids to have to switch schools in the middle of the school year. I'm really hoping that we can move by August at the latest.

We both really like Jared and think that this can work. The only negative things we hear about Jared is that he's too expensive. He charges $85 an hour and insurance doesn't cover this. He has raised his price by $20 over the past 18 months. He also isn't very good about getting back to people. It's not uncommon to leave him a message and not hear anything back for several days if not over a week. If you text him you have a better chance of hearing from his sooner. Kory's ready to start working. He emailed Jared a resume, something he asked for, over a week now. In the email Kory told Jared that he's ready to start working and is willing to begin anytime. But before starting he needs to know how much he's getting paid. We emailed Jared on a Thursday. We didn't hear back so after a few days Kory texted him on Monday of this week just making sure he received his email. Jared's reply was yes he did get it but he's been swamped with holidays and family stuff. That was it! No other information. What is that suppose to mean? The holiday's were over with by a whole week before Kory sent the email. When can Kory begin? How much will his pay be? We know he works Mon-Sat but takes Thursday's off. We both really thought we'd have an answer by now.  With yesterday being Thursday we thought maybe we'd hear from him then. But we haven't. No text, no email, no phone call. My mom had an appt. last week with Jared and she learned that he's taking the entire next week off and is going to Cancun Mexico for vacation. He mentioned to her that he's really busy and is ready for Kory to start working. He also mentioned to my mom that he's looking for other therapists to join too. He mentioned back in November to us that he's got another therapist that he hopes will start working in April. This concerns be just a little bit. We know Jared's busy. We know he has clients booked at the moment with all his recent vacation's 7-8 weeks out.  With as busy as he is you wouldn't think it would take to long for Kory to have more than 1-2 days a week. We want to move. We want to be full time. He knows this. Where are the clients coming from for this new therapist in April when we don't even have clients yet. She will still be in Massage Therapy School and won't be able to work full time but will be part time. Is there enough clients to support 2 therapist full time and 1 therapist part time in just 3 1/2 months? At the moment it's only supporting 1 full time therapist.  April is just around the corner. He's scheduling clients for himself in March already. When can we start scheduling for Kory. We're assuming it will probably take a week to get a day for the following week hopefully booked. 

I guess we're both starting to get a bit frustrated. Is this job with Jared going to work out? Surely he's not expecting Kory to start working for him without knowing how much he's getting paid. Jared's been in the process of looking to hire therapists to join his office for more then 8 months now. Surely he's thought about how much to pay them. He's known since Thanksgiving at least that Kory wanted to start in January. He's known for I don't know how long that another therapist is going to start working in April. You would think he's thought about some sort of pay.  Knowing that Jared's gone next week I guess Kory won't be starting then or it seems anytime soon. Kory feels like they've texted, talked on the phone, talked face to face and have now emailed enough that Jared know's what we are looking for. He know's we are ready to start and am just waiting on him.  We're out of money. Our savings is gone which we knew 6 months ago at this time it would be. We've got less than $20 in our Checking account. Kory is at the moment in Prescott installing what we were hoping would be our last cabinet job's. He should be coming home with a few checks for these 3 different jobs he's completing. We'll have enough money to get through the rest of this month and hopefully next but then we'll be out of money again. Kory's truck has had some cylinder's go out. We replaced 2 of them last month and it cost over $2,000. We know we're going to have to replace another 2 in the next week or two. There goes another $2,000. The money we're making right now is going towards fixing the truck. Our little car has bit the dust. We can drive it around town but that's about it. When Kory starts working he'll be taking the van leaving me with the truck or he'll commute in the truck until we can get another small economy car.  How long do we continue to wait for Jared?  We are hoping that we will hear from Jared before he leaves on vacation in just a few day's. Will he get back to us while on vacation? I doubt it. We've heard his wife likes him to be all her's while there away together. I'm assuming that means no work! We would be considered work. We're thinking about giving him until the 21 to get back to us. At that point Kory may be able to start his 1-2 days/week the very last week of January. If we don't hear back from him by then Kory's going to start looking elsewhere. We can't wait on Jared any longer to figure out how much to pay his employee!

Maybe I jumped the gun but thinking we were moving this summer I let my boss's know our plans. It can take them several month to make a decision and I didn't want to leave them empty handed. They've been looking for someone to take my place but haven't been able to find someone local. They discussed this with their accountant and it was decided that their office will start doing the book keeping part. They met last week and have a few things to do before they can take over the the process has begun. Chances are by March I will be out of a  job. 

We haven't heard from our landlord for a few months now. They wanted to sell the house by the end of the year. That obviously didn't happen and we assumed they dropped the ball again. We were wrong. They may have dropped the ball but they are still trying to sale it!  I had an appraiser show up yesterday to appraise the house. This time I did get a 24 hour notice.  It seems there is a buyer in mind. We thought it was a brother-in-law, Dustin, but the appraiser said he thought there were 2 interested parties with one having given an offer. We know Dustin made an offer during the Fall. Is this the offer the appraiser is talking about. We were told the landlords didn't accept it. It was to low. Who only knows!

I hate the unknown. It sure looks like there's a good chance of the house selling. Will we be able to stay? I don't know. How long do we have? If it's Dustin I think we could stay until the end of the school year. Yet I know they want to be able to rent the house out as a vacation rental. There's a lot of work to do before that should be done. If we don't move till summer that doesn't give them a lot of time to fix it up and start renting it out. Do I start packing now? Where will we go? I keep getting on Craigslist and other rental sites but I don't know what to look for. What town do I search in? How much can we afford? I really, really hope Jared get's back to us soon. I really hope this will work out. I checked Kory's email too many times to count yesterday hoping that he had gotten back to us on his day off.  Just knowing how busy he his while working his work days I don't have much hope from hearing from him any time soon now.