CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Brayden Preparing for the 2nd Coming

Near the end of October Brayden got off the bus carrying a plastic grocery sack full of boxed goods and canned food. I asked him where it came from. He replied that there was a man passing out bags to kids who were poor at school. My heart sank and I wanted to laugh out loud all at the same time. We are not poor. Our house is torn apart, we are always cold but really we aren't poor that my kids need to bring home a bag of groceries. We can provide for them just fine. So over the next week we had many discussions at home about what it means to be poor and the different ways we can be poor. Not just financially but poor in spirit and emotionally too. We talked about how we can help the "poor" too. 


Fast forward a month and Brayden gets off the bus again carrying a bag of what looked like more boxed/canned food. Oh my goodness! The first thing out of his mouth was "Mom don't freak out and don't get mad. I know we aren't poor." I said OK why don't you explain it to me then....

Brayden- There was this man at school passing out bags again. He asked if I wanted one. I told him we weren't poor. He said it didn't matter if you were poor or where you lived or who you were. That everyone got to take a bag home that wanted one.

Kylie-  Ya mom, I told Brayden we weren't poor. I told him we shouldn't take it. I told him.... our fridge is full where is Mom going to put all this anyways. 

Brayden- Ya but everyone can have one. I'm just trying to help Mom out during the 2nd Coming!

Mom- What?

Brayden- Ya you know during the 2nd coming when farmers can't grow food and we don't get any rain and you can't buy food at stores. You know there are still over 200 people missing in California. And they can't go to stores for food either. 
(California is suffering right now by some major fires. Many towns have been evacuated and people have died. Brayden has been learning about this at school) 

Kylie- Ya, but Mom said we aren't poor. That food is for our poor friends.

Mom- (Speechless! How do I argue with him just trying to help?) We then proceeded to have a 10 min coversation on food storage and why I buy in bulk and how we keep it in the cellar. I laughed and laughed and laughed. 





0 comments: