CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pre- Baptism Pictures

Wanting to get a cute invitation of Emily for her baptism I took her out one night for a little photo shoot. Glancing at them in the camera I thought they were turning out so cute! I love this one.


And then near the end as the sun was setting I noticed something missing. Like in this one....


or how about this one....

The majority of them like 55 out of 60 are pictures of an arm less Emily. Talk about disappointment!

So a few days later we went at it again. This time we went to St. George. I love pictures of my kids on the temple grounds. Especially for baptism pictures.
I got so many ones I liked it was really hard to decide which ones to use on her announcement which I guess is a good thing.



I saw a cute announcement for a baptism using a picture very similar to this. I didn't love love this picture but I did love the idea of it. 


The temple grounds always have so many really nice and colorful flower beds.

Down the street a little ways we came across these old abandoned stairs. They lead to an empty overgrown weeded lot. But I love the color. 



A little farther up the street we came to a park we didn't know existed. Emily was thrilled to see the pond had ducks! 

On our way home we stopped near some of the red hill's. These rocks represent St. George a lot so we thought we'd give them a try. Emily was tickled pink to see the "8" in the rock. Very carefully we scooted her up the rock and into the hole for a picture 8. This is Emily's favorite picture of them all.  


This was my favorite but I didn't like how dark Emily was. I tried every setting on my camera to get more light but it just wasn't there. I tried moving her but then I couldn't get the whole temple in view so I gave up. I am a part of a real fun photography group on facebook. So I posted this picture and asked for help after wasting a day or two away trying to edit it in photo shop on my own.  


 With some help and a few step by step instruction's this is what I came up with. I know it's not the best but I was very pleased with the way it turned out over the original. I love being able to see her so much more easily. 

I am loving my new camera that isn't so new anymore. I love that moving has lightened my load and I have been able to play with it a lot more now. I am so glad I have children who like to be photographed for the most part. I'm so glad I was able to take some nice pictures of Emily myself with out having to pay someone to do it in remembrance of this girls special 8th birthday.  I have some pictures that I will always cherish. 

0 comments: